- In a tweet Tuesday, President Donald Trump pressured Twitter to remove a meme poking fun at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- The meme, shared by a user with less than 200 followers, depicts McConnell’s face photoshopped onto a Soviet Union soldier with the caption “Moscow Mitch.”
- Trump said lawmakers should repeal Section 230, a law that shields social networks from being held liable for users’ posts as long as they remove illegal content.
- Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Twitter’s policies ban content that’s explicitly meant to decieve people, and satire is generally allowed on the site.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump raged against Twitter on Tuesday over a meme that labels Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as “Moscow Mitch,” questioning why the platform wouldn’t remove the image.
The meme depicts